This division was performed remotely.
Baroness Wheeler moved amendment G1, as an amendment to Motion G, to leave out from “House” to end and insert “do insist on its Amendment 80, do disagree with the Commons in their Amendments 80A to 80N in lieu, and do propose Amendments 80P and 80Q instead of the words so left out of the Bill—
80P After Clause 139, insert the following new Clause—
“Cap on care costs for charging purposes
(1) The Secretary of State may by regulations amend the Care Act 2014 as regards how “costs accrued in meeting eligible needs” for the purposes of section 15 of that Act are to be determined.
(2) The regulations must ensure that any costs incurred by any local authority to meet eligible needs are included within that determination.
(3) The regulations are to have effect in accordance with a timetable specified in the regulations.
4) The regulations may not be made unless—
(a) the results of the Trailblazer pilot schemes have been evaluated, and the Secretary of State has laid that evaluation before Parliament, and
(b) the Secretary of State has completed a further general impact assessment covering distributional regional analysis, regional eligibility, and the effect of the care cap on disabled adults under 40.
(5) The regulations must ensure that no charges may be imposed under section 14 for any adult under the age of 40 with a disability.”
80Q Clause 150, page 128, line 20, at end insert—
“(ca) regulations under section (Cap on care costs for charging purposes);””